Your One Stop Shop To Better Health
4101 Mexico Rd Ste K
Saint Peters, MO 63376-6414
Monday - Saturday: 10:00am - 6:00pm
1. Air Freshener: Fill a mist spray bottle with purified water and 10 to 50 drops of essential oil. Replace cap, shake and spritz into the air.
2. In the bath: Fill the tub with warm or hot water and add 2 cups of Epson salts. Dilute 1 to 5 drops of essential oil in one teaspoon of a carrier oil, such as sweet almond or sesame, then pour into water, swirl and enjoy.
3. Body powder: Put 2 tablespoons of cornstarch in a glass jar or spice container, add 5 to 20 drops of essential oil, shake and let sit for a day. Shake again and apply.
4. Quick sachet: Put 10 drops of essential oil on a cotton ball, place it in a plastic bag (do not seal) and put in a drawer or closet to scent clothes.
5. Foot deodorant: Combine 20 drops of flaxseed oil and 6 to 7 drops of essential oil. Massage into feet, then apply cornstarch to soak up any remaining oil.
6. Insect-bite relief: Combine 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel and 5 drops of chamomile or lavender and apply every few hours.
7. Light bulb rings: Put 5 drops of essential oil in a light bulb ring before turning on the light. As the bulb heats up, the scent will diffuse. (Use bulbs of 60 watts or lower).
8. Steam inhalation: Put 5 to 10 drops of essential oil in a bowl of hot water. With a towel over your head, bend over it and inhale the vapors.
9. Simmer pot: Add about 10 drops of oil to water in pot and simmer.
10. Electric diffusers: Saturate pad with oil, then adjust fan speed to disperse scent. This method keeps the oil from overheating and deteriorating.
11. Candles: With a needle, carefully poke a deep hole in the top of an unlit, unscented candle (away from the wick). Put a few drops of oil in the hole, then light wick.
12. Sunburn relief: Add 3 drops of lavender and 2 drops of chamomile to 1 teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Apply several times a day to soothe the skin.
13. Massage Oil: Combine 1 tablespoon of a carrier oil, such as flaxseed, olive or sesame, with a combination of essential oils, totaling 15 to 20 drops. Massage for at least 30 minutes for best absorption.
14. Compress: Put 2 cups of water in a bowl, then add several drops of essential oil. Immerse a piece of cloth in the water, then apply. Use a cold compress to soothe a sprain and reduce swelling; use a hot compress to relieve menstrual cramps. Chamomile is a good choice for both.